1. To develop andragogical materials (manuals and programme contents) that support training for both staff and management in the field of peer training and pro-social model interventions.
2. To develop and pilot a train the trainer course for probation workers, in each country, giving them the ability to train, continuously, selected well- behaved offenders on peer training and pro-social modeling.
3. To train the selected poll of offenders, in each country, on pro-social modeling and peer training, under the supervision of the probation trainers.
4. To analyse the pilot sessions and revise the manuals accordingly before disseminating the programme.
The Peer Pro-Social Modelling in Probation (PPROMPT) project aims to structure a peer pro-social modeling approach in probation systems, enhancing the competencies for both management and probation experts to address the offenders' needs.
This project seeks to explore and implement an approach that builds social capital and resilience within people that are under probational measures.
- To build a "Peer a Pro-Social Model" team, trained by the professionals in this field;
- To conduct a needs’ assessment of the inmates and group work leaders to sort out which topics need to be revised;
- To carry out research focused on the best practices of peer education and samples of Peer Pro-Social Models in different countries;
- To train a sample of offenders as “Pro-Social Models” where a newly structured life skills programme will be delivered by them;
- To train a group of offenders to work as peer trainers for the other offenders;
- To deploy a programme in which peer trainers work voluntarily, as a part of the community-work obligation, under the supervision of training experts.